The Receptionist ensures residents and guests experience five-star service at this luxury community. This individual is responsible for operating the telephone/communication center, managing the mail room and serving as the information/referral center for all residents, staff, and departments. This individual provides services and support to staff in a manner that meets or exceeds community expectations.
- Provide a high level of customer service at all times.
- Handle all resident and guest interactions with the highest level of hospitality and professionalism.
- Answer incoming telephone calls in a cheerful and marketing oriented way, determines purpose of callers, and forwards calls to appropriate personnel or department.
- Take appropriate initiative; respond and follow through promptly to various needs and request.
- Retrieve messages from voice mail and forwards to appropriate personnel.
- Take and deliver messages or transfers calls to voice mail when appropriate personnel are unavailable.
- Answer general questions about the community and provides callers with address, directions, and other information and refers other specific questions to appropriate staff.
- Maintain current list of residents who are hospitalized.
- Update appointment calendars, including transportation and salon calendars, as directed.
- Receive, sort, and route mail, and maintain and route publications.
- Distribute written communication, accept and sign for deliveries (mail, prescriptions, etc.).
- Maintain copy and fax machines, assist users, send faxes, and retrieve and route incoming faxes.
- Create and print fax cover sheets, memos, correspondence, reports, and other documents when necessary.
- Perform other clerical duties as needed, such as filing, photocopying, and collating.
- Order, receive, and maintain office supplies.
- May drive company vehicle from community to social and other various destinations (only if required by community).
- May perform other duties as needed and/or assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one (1) to three (3) years related experience and/or training.
- Must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 and provide vaccination record card at time of hire.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic knowledge of computers and technology.
- Ability to effectively problem solve.
- Basic First Aid and CPR certification where required.
- Must successfully complete all Atria specified training programs.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s.
- Ability to operate: telephone, emergency call system, monitoring board or beeper, photocopier.
- Ability to work various schedules and shifts as needed.
Born out of a partnership between Atria Senior Living and Related Companies, Coterie is a new luxury brand that re-imagines what senior living can be.
From stunning architecture and thoughtful design to state-of-the-art fitness facilities and curated culinary offerings, every aspect of life at Coterie is meant to support the individual – and community – in reaching new heights. We elevate wellness and strive to anticipate every need to offer a life more inspired.
Coterie is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law. Atria will not tolerate harassment or discrimination based on any of these protected classifications.
It’s Easy to Apply Online Select the “Apply Now” button on the job that interests you. Plan on taking 5-10 minutes to complete the application and select “Submit” when done – you’ll receive a confirmation email shortly thereafter. Keep your login and password handy as you’ll need it throughout the hiring process.
Application Review Every application is given due consideration. If your experience and skills are aligned with the job requirements, we’ll contact you to schedule an interview.
Interviews & Assessments Your interview will be conducted by phone or in person with an Atria recruiter or hiring manager. This process may include additional interviews, reference checks and skill assessments.
Offer Letter If you are chosen for the position, an offer will be made by phone and email. The email will include a letter which you’ll sign electronically, return to us and can download for your records.
Post-Offer Hiring Process You’ll receive all needed forms, instructions and our contact information if you have any follow-up questions. This process may include a background check and/or a drug screen. COVID-19 vaccination is a requirement of all positions – proof of vaccination is required before you can start. We will evaluate potential accommodations for anyone seeking an exemption due to a medical condition or religious belief.
Check-ins from your future team As turnaround times vary for screening results, we’ll provide any needed updates and let you know what to expect for your first day on the job.
First day and onboarding Congratulations – we’re excited to have you join our team! Onboarding varies by position, but on your first day at Atria you’ll typically meet coworkers, take a workplace tour and begin any required training.